This Yoga Alliance approved 200-hour teacher training is conducted with our amazing partner Bhakti Yogshala!
Bhakti Yogshala is a renowned yoga school with locations in Rishikesh and Kerala in India as well as Pokhara in Nepal.
The school has only 5-star ratings!
What you will receive:
- 200 HR Certification
- Lifelong Material Access
- Access to more than 150 hours of high-quality videos
- Online community support
- Eligibility to register with the Yoga Alliance *
- All classes are in English
*Registration with the Yoga Alliance is not mandatory. Being certified makes you eligible to register with Yoga Alliance for the 200-HR RYT designation.
What you will learn:
- Yoga Philosophy
- Bhakti Yoga And Meditation
- Style Of Yoga Asana Practice
- Teaching Methodology
- Naturopathy Techniques
- Asana Clinic (Alignment&Adjustment)
- Yin Yoga
- Nadi Shodhana pranayama
- Surya Bheda pranayama
- Sheetali pranayama
- Seetkari pranayama
- Bhramari pranayama
- Bhastrika pranayama
- Kapalbhati pranayama
- Introduction to anatomy
- Skeletal system
- Muscular system
- Nervous system
- Endocrine system
- Respiratory system
- Circulatory system
- Digestive system
- Excretory system
- Reproductive system
Bhakti Yoga and Meditation:
- Chants & Pranayama (Forms of Chanting, Om, Various Pranayamas)
- Sanskrit (Basic Sanskrit)
- Performing bhajan-kirtan
- Havan (opening fire ceremony for invocation of energy)
- Ajapa-Japa (repetition of a mantra)
Tracing its origins to the traditional Nath tradition and Patanjali in the second century BCE, the name ‘Hatha’ signifies the union of the solar and lunar channels in the body. This is achieved through an emphasis on mindfully cultivating stability and comfort in the postures on the mat while synchronizing the breath with movements.
- Learn asanas in a traditional Indian way
- Sivananda sequence: 12 basic asanas
- Learn the different aspects of Ashtanga yoga: pranayama, mudras, bandhas, and kriyas
- Study the Vedanta philosophy and the most important yogic text
- Learn about more than 70 postures
Ashtanga yoga is a dynamic, flowing method of yoga that connects the movement of the body with breath, gaze, energy locks, and postures. The method stresses the importance of the daily practice of a set series of movements. You will be focusing on the first series while gaining the tools to establish a daily practice to progress through the six series at your own pace in your lifelong pursuit of self-actualization.
- Practice the primary series of Ashtanga Vinyasa by K. Pattabhi Jois
- Lead class and self-practice (Mysore style)
- Learn how to adjust the students
- Learn how to modify the difficult poses
- Create your own Vinyasa sequence
- Key points: Ujjayi breath, Drishti, and bandhas
Ayurveda is considered by many scholars to be the oldest healing science. In Sanskrit, Ayurveda means “The Science of Life.” Ayurvedic knowledge originated in India more than 5,000 years ago and is often called the “Mother of All Healing.” It stems from the ancient Vedic culture and was taught for many thousands of years in an oral tradition from accomplished masters to their disciples. Some of this knowledge was set to print a few thousand years ago, but much of it is inaccessible. What you will learn in Ayurveda
- Principles of Ayurveda
- Aspect of Health
- What are Doshas & How to identify the Nature(vata, pitta, kapha)
- What are agnies(fires)
- What are the 07 Dhatus(Tissues)
- What are the 03 Major Malas(waste materials)
- Ayurvedic Routine – Dincharya – Ratricharya
- Food of Hatha yogis & Types of food – Satvik – Rajsic – Tamsic
- 08 factors of food ( on which the Quality of food depends)
- Best Detoxifires for the body & mind
- Best foods for mind/intellect/memory
- Home remedy to fight a virus or to boost Immunity
- Lifestyle and ethics of a yoga teacher
- Classroom management
- Principles of observation
- Assisting and Hands-on Adjustment Techniques
- Correct alignment and potential risks of yoga postures
- Practicum Classes
Naturopathy is an Indian ancient technique that helps in the detoxification and cleansing of the body which leads to the elimination of various diseases in the body. Naturopathy works with the help of Five elements: Air, Water, Fire, Space, and Earth.
- Learning Bodies (Posture, Body Assessment, Appreciating Uniqueness of Different Body Types, Bandhas & More)
- Asanas (70+ Asanas covered across 9 Asana Categories), Modifications, Benefits, and Contraindications Included for Every Asana
- Common errors
On the surface, a Yin practice might seem uneventful. In Yin yoga, one of many types of yoga, sequences are a series of slow, long holds and mat-based postures that stretch out the connective tissues and fascia in the body. It’s a practice for all levels of yogis. Unlike Vinyasa and other yoga styles, in Yin, all you need to do is relax in the pose. But this, as most of us know from meditation, often isn’t as easy or comfortable as it sounds! To do Yin is to give over control – such a rare and therapeutic concept in our modern-day lives.
Just join this class. You don’t have to be an experienced yoga practitioner. Learn at your own pace, ask questions, embrace the process. The 200-hour program is often completed within 2-3 months. It ends with a test of your knowledge and your certification. In case you fail, the test can be repeated at no cost until you pass. We will help you through the process and if needed provide additional learning material. Becoming a 200-hour teacher for many is the beginning of a lifelong wonderful calling.
- Lifetime access to all videos (more than 150 hours of recorded classes) and other materials
- Learn at your own time and pace. There is no need to keep a specific schedule (no fixed dates etc.)
- The registration with Yoga Alliance is optional. Yoga Alliance is a private company and not mandatory.
- At the end of the classes, you receive a written test that you will send back to us.
- After signup, you receive an email to the Bhakti Yogshala platform
- After completion, you can rightfully call yourself a yoga teacher. Everyone had to start like this. However, yoga is a way of life, and to become a great teacher, lifelong learning is a must.
- You will know how to prepare/sequence a yoga class and how to cue students about the postures. You will know how to lead a complete class from A-Z
- Please speak to your doctor if you are fit for physical yoga practice.
Still more questions?
Find answers to the most common questions here: https://www.yogamu.org/faqs
Contact us at https://www.yogamu.org/contact or email to firstname.lastname@example.org